Sangoma built its business by designing hardware that simply works, the first time. We have taken the time to ensure our BRI solution delivers.
The Sangoma A500 S/T BRI Interface Card delivers superior audio quality and scalability. Expand from two to twenty-four ports of BRI with optional Octasic© Telco-grade, hardware echo cancellation.
A single PCI Express slot hosts the connection for up to 24 ports and ensures common synchronous clocking for all channels with no signaling issues. The card is 100% software configurable.
Finally, a BRI card that upholds Sangoma′s high standards of quality in engineering and untiring product support.
The A500 consists of a Remora© BRI daughterboard mounted on the AFT PCI Express card. The Remora© BRI card has three sockets, each of which can accept an S/T BRI module.
One S/T BRI module has two S/T four wire interfaces, which support TE or NT modes of operation. Changing modes requires no jumpers – simply invert the module.
Up to three additional Remora© daughterboards can be mounted in empty slot positions beside the A500 assembly. These are connected to the Sangoma A500 by a special backplane bus connector.
- From 2 to 24 ports are supported. Mix TE and NT modes, as required. Changing modes requires no jumpers – simply invert the colour-coded module.
- Supports Asterisk®, Yate©, FreeSwitch©, CallWeaver©, PBX/IVR projects, as well as other Open Source and proprietary PBX, Switch, IVR or VoIP gateway applications.
- Single synchronous PCI Express interface for all 24 BRI interfaces.
- Six ports per RemoraTM card.
- Dimensions: 2U Form factor: 187mm x 55mm for use in restricted chassis.
- Short 2U compatible mounting clips included for installation in 2U rackmount servers and high quality, tested 2m 8-pin RJ45 port splitter cables included.
- 32 bit bus master DMA data exchanges across PCI Express interface at 132 Mbytes/sec for minimum host processor intervention.
- Autosense compatibility with 5 V and 3.3 V PCI busses.
- Fully PCI Express compliant, compatible with all commercially available motherboards, proper sharing of PCI Express interrupts.
- Intelligent hardware: Downloadable FPGA programming with multiple operating modes. Add new features related to voice and/or data when they become available.
- Power: 800mA peak, operational 300mA max at +3.3 V or 5 V.
- Temperature range: 0 – 50°C.
- Optimized DMA stream and hardware-level HDLC handling unload the host CPU.
- Raw bitstream interfaces can be used to support arbitrary non-standard line protocols, such as non-byte aligned monosynch or bisynch.
- WANPIPE® supports certified, field tested, and reliable Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC and X.25